Bill's Sweet & Smokey Chili
- 4 Small Sweet Potatoes
- 1-2 lbs Ground Bison
- 500 ml Passata (Tomato Sauce)
- 1 Can Bushes Canned Beans
- 1 c each of: Zucchini, Onion, Mushrooms, and Bell Peppers
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika (don't use regular)
- 1/2 tsp: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin
- Optional 1/2 tsp Cayenne
- 1-2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
Lemon Chive Yogurt
- 1 c. 0% Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp Chives
- Salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Clean the skins of the sweet potatoes and poke holes throughout with a fork. Rub the skins lightly with olive oil and transfer to a class baking dish. Bake in the centre of the oven for around 35-45 minutes or until you can easily cut down the centre of each potato.
3. In a large pan/pot over medium heat, add a Tbsp of olive oil and the ground bison. Fry until about 75% cooked through. Then, add the vegetables. Cook until vegetables are soft and bison is fully cooked.
4. Add remaining chili ingredients. Bring to a simmer and let it cook for around 15-20 minutes.
5. Combine all of the lemon chive yogurt dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
6. Stuff the sweet potatoes with desired amount of chili and top with the lemon chive yogurt.