Breezy Caprese Chicken
Updated: Aug 6, 2019
Makes 4-6 servings:
- 4 Large Chicken Breasts
- 2 Plum Roma Tomato, thinly sliced
- ¾ c. Mozzarella cheese
- ½ Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- ½ Tbsp Basil (fresh or dried)
- Salt/pepper optional
- Small Bottle of Balsamic Reduction
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Butterfly chicken breasts: slice chicken breasts down the middle to separate in half about ¾ of the way (don’t cut all the way in half) and butterly out.
3. Evenly place 2-3 slices of Roma tomatoes over chicken breasts.
4. Evenly place small pieces of mozzarella throughout the chicken breasts.
5. Lightly olive oil and season with the Italian Seasoning, Basil, Salt, Pepper.
6. Bake for ~25 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165 degrees F.
7. Let chicken rest for 2-3 minutes and lightly drizzle with the Balsamic Reduction.