Brocco Chedda Bake
Super simple egg bake that will start your day right all week!
Makes 8 Servings
- 10 Whole Eggs, beaten
- 2 c. Egg Whites
- 2 c. Broccoli Florets (more or less if desired)
- 1/2 Medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 3/4 c. Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp Butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add butter and lightly fry onions and broccoli until onions become slightly golden and translucent.
3. Lightly spray a glass baking dish to prevent sticking. Add broccoli and onion mixture. Then add in the eggs + egg whites. Combine and spread evenly. Then add the cheddar cheese. A bit of salt and pepper if desired before putting in the oven.
4. Bake for about 25-30 minutes (cooking times will vary). If you are eating right away you will want it to be firm and ready to eat. If you are prepping for the week it is okay to slightly under cook to prevent it from getting too rubbery when reheated. As the egg bake cools it will tighten up. You will know it is not done when there is a lot of liquid in the centre.