Dad's Shrimp Bowl
Updated: Aug 6, 2019
The Dad Series continues!
- 25-30 Black Tiger Shrimp, de-veined
- 1-2 cups Basmati rice, cooked
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2 cups Spinach
- 1 cup Carrots, shredded or grated
- 2 Green onions, diced
- 1 Lemon
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Thai chili sauce
-1/2 tsp Garlic, pureed
1. Cook rice as per package directions. I got it started on a rice cooker while I prepped everything else.
2. Before cooking shrimp prep all the veggies and have everything ready to assemble into a bowl.
3. Make the Dad's mayo in a small bowl. Transfer it to a small zip-lock bag. Cut one corner of the bag and transfer to a small condiment container.
4. De-vein (if needed) and remove tail from shrimp.
5. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and then the shrimp. Shrimp only takes about 2 minutes to cook. Fry on one side for about 1-1.5 minutes, flip and generously season with salt and pepper. Cook for another 1-1.5 minutes. Transfer to bowl and generously add the juice of lemon. Taste to see if you want to add any more salt and pepper.
6. Plate all ingredients and top with Dad's sweet thai mayo!