Fyre Roasted Tomato Sauce w/ Italian Sausage
I'm going to make this tomato sauce 100x before I die.
- 4 Italian Sausages (buy from the counter where the butcher has to wrap them up).
- 1 Medium Spaghetti Squash, halved and roasted
- Ricotta Cheese
Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce:
- 2 Small Cans of Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 Small Tin of Tomato Puree
- 1/2 White Onion, diced
- 1.5 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1.5 Fresh or Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 Tbsp White Sugar
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Half the spaghetti squash and scrape out seeds. Lightly olive oil and place skin side up on a lined baking dish. Bake in oven for about 45 minutes. When completed scrape out to form the spaghetti texture.
3. In a large frying pan over medium heat, brown the Italian sausages on all sides. Transfer to a different lined baking dish and cook in the oven for around 15 minutes. Watch to make sure these don't get over cooked. The sausages should reach an internal temp of 165 degrees F.
4. In the same frying pan add 1 Tbsp Olive oil and the onions. Fry until they are broken down well. Then add the garlic and fry together for around 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients of the tomato sauce, another 1 Tbsp of olive oil and let it come to a simmer for around 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for around 5 minutes.
5. Place about half the tomato mixture in a blender and turn it on low to blend together to form the sauce. Do the same with the other half of the mixture.
6. Plate: spaghetti squash, Italian Sausage, tomato sauce, and ricotta cheese on top.
Prego! (You're Welcome)