Greek Stuffed Trout
This is my first recipe that, in my mind, I had mastered. I have made this recipe for my wife and I dozens of times in the 12 years we have been together. So nostalgic.
Makes 4 servings:
● 1 Large (600-700 g) Fillet of Steel Head Trout OR Salmon
● 100 g Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
● 100 g Bell Peppers, diced
● 50 g Red Onion, diced (about 1/8th of an onion)
● 75-100 g Light Feta, crumbled
● 1-2 Tsbp Fresh Oregano, chopped fine
● 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
● Salt/pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a small mixing bowl combine all ingredients except for the fish.
3. Lightly oil a glass baking sheet. Place trout in baking sheet and lightly salt/pepper.
4. Cover trout with Greek mixture
5. Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reads 145 degrees F.