Greeky Chicken Pita
Get your greek on with these Greeky Chicken Pitas.
Makes 6 Servings:
- 600 g (3) Medium Chicken Breasts, cubed
- 6 Small or Medium Pitas
- 1 Red Onion, chopped to similar size of chicken chunks
- 1/2 Cucumber, diced
- 1 Large Tomato, diced
- 1/2 C. Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1 C. 0% Plain Greek Yogurt
- Roasted Red Pepper Dip/Sauce
- 1 Lemon
- 3-4 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro
- 1.5 Tbsp Fresh Oregano
- 0.5 Tbsp Fresh or Dried Thyme
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
*Soak skewers in water for 15-20 minutes before making recipe (while preparing everything)
1. Preheat barbecue to medium heat or oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl combine the Chicken, the zest of 1/2 the Lemon, juice of 1/2 the Lemon, Oregano, Thyme, Salt, Pepper, and about 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil. Mix well so seasoning is even on each chunk. On skewers alternate placing 1-2 chunks of red onion with a cube of chicken. Cook on BBQ or in Oven for about 20-25 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
3. In a small bowl combine the Tomatoes, Cucumbers, and Feta Cheese. Set aside.
4. In a small bowl make the homemade Tzatziki by combining the Plain Greek Yogurt, the other half of the lemon's zest and juice, about 3 Tbsp of Fresh Cilantro (shredded or diced) or more if desired, with some salt and pepper. Set aside.
5. Assembly: Cut Pitas in half, fill inside with the Tzatziki and some Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, chicken & red onion chunks, and top with the cucumber, tomato, and feta mixture.