HN Chicken Orzo Soup
Updated: Aug 6, 2019
Enjoy this one fam! It's the perfect January meal.
-4 Chicken Breasts, pre-cooked and chopped (or a rotisserie chicken)
-1.5 c. Carrots, chopped
-1 c. Celery, chopped
-1 Large Onion, diced
-1 Can (398 mL) Diced Tomatoes, with liquid
-1 Carton (~900-1000 mL) Chicken Stock
-1 c. water
-2 Bell Peppers, chopped
-1 c. Orzo Noodles
-2 Tbsp Olive Oil
-1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
-Zest of 1 Lemon
-Juice of 1 Lemon
-2 Tbsp Fresh Thyme
-1 Tbsp Dried Parsley
-1 Tbsp Dried Poultry Seasoning
- Salt & pepper (amount depending on preference)
1. Heat soup pot with medium heat and 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil.
2. Add carrots, celery, and onion and cook for about 5 minutes, then stir in garlic and bell peppers and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
3. Add in 1/2 cup water, the diced tomatoes with juices, chicken stock, cooked chicken breasts, oil, lemon zest, juice of lemon, thyme, parsley, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper, bring mixture to a boil and then down to a simmer for 20 minutes, add the other 1/2 cup water if needed.
4. Add orzo noodles and cook for around 10 minutes until orzo noodles are ready to eat.