Deece Deej Chicken
Updated: Aug 6, 2019
This was a great one for meal prep!
-4 Chicken Breasts
-2 Medium sweet potatoes, cubed
-1 Bunch Asparagus
-2 Tbsp. Maple syrup
-2 Tbsp. whole grain Dijon mustard
-1/2 Lemon, juiced
-1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
-1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
-1/2 Tbsp. Olive oil
-1 Tbsp. Lighthouse Poultry Seasoning
-Salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 420 degrees F.
2. "Butterfly" the chicken breasts *Fancy way of saying cut in half most of the way so that it does not require as long of cooking time and more of the flavour gets on the meat.
3. In a bowl or measuring cup, mix together the marinade. In a large Zip Lock bag add together the chicken and marinade. Set aside.
4. Peel and cube sweet potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper and spread out on a large baking sheet. Cook for ~40 minutes. Leave enough room for the asparagus to cook for the last 20 minutes. Place sweet potatoes in oven.
5. Once sweet potatoes have been cooking for ~10 minutes, add the chicken to a separate baking sheet with tin foil or parchment paper. Let cook for ~30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
6. Add asparagus to the sweet potato sheet for the last 20 minutes of cooking.