Lemon Pep & Pistachio Shake & Bake
Updated: Aug 6, 2019
This one was a treat.
-4 Chicken Breasts
-1/2 Cup shelled pistachios, chopped or smashed
-1 lb fresh bulk carrots, peeled and sliced down the middle
-3-4 cups broccoli florets
-1/2 tsp. True lemon
-1/2-1 tsp. pepper
-1/2-1 tsp. salt
*True lemon is a great ingredient to have on hand when you forget to pick up a lemon. I used it in this recipe because I didn't want to add much moisture, but wanted lemon taste, so it was great for this one. Be careful if you add too much it can really overpower the dish.
1. Preheat oven to 420 degrees F.
2. In a small ziploc bag add pistachios and smash with a meat hammer until desired consistency for pistachio crust. See picture if you want it like mine.
3. In a small bowl add crushed pistachios, true lemon, salt, and pepper.
4. Peel carrots and slice directly down the middle. Place carrots in the middle of a large baking tray.
5. In a large bowl, lightly break down and toss broccoli florets in olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Add broccoli on the pan around the bed of carrots.
6. Add about 1/4 of the Pistachio mixture to the bottom of the chicken breasts, place them directly ontop of the bed of carrots. Coat the rest of the chicken breasts with the pistachio mixture.
7. Bake for ~30-35 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reads 165 degrees F.