Paleo Macho Meatballs
Updated: Aug 6, 2019
This is one of my favourite quick & easy meal prep items, ground turkey meatballs. These take 2 minutes of prep and 20 minutes to cook. I love to pair these with some rice and roasted broccoli. When you are prepping these, they do get a little gummy when mixing compared to regular flour. I suggest using a PC or ice cream scoop to make some even sized meatballs and to leave your hands a little cleaner. Don't panic when they seem really gummy in mixing though, they turn out perfect when cooked. To make clean up easier, I put the meatballs in muffin tins.
Ingredients for 24 meatballs:
-2 Packages Lean Ground Turkey
-1 Egg, lightly whisked
-1 Yellow or Red Onion, diced
-1/3 c. Coconut flour
-1 Tbsp. minced garlic
-1 Tbsp Lighthouse Italian Seasoning
-1 Tbsp Lighthouse Dried Parsley
-1 tsp. salt
-1 tsp. pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl whisk egg lightly.
3. In a large bowl combine all ingredients until seasoning and flour is dispersed evenly.
4. Using a scoop or your hand form meatballs and place in lined muffin trays.
5. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Disclaimer: this recipe may boost your performance of physical fitness.