Protein Pumped Beef Barley Soup
Updated: Mar 13
- 1.5 lbs Stewing Beef
- 1 Jar ~750-900 ml Beef Bone Broth
- 1 c Each of Bulk Carrots, Onion, Celery, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 c. Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Large Can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Grainy Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 3/4 c. Quick Barley
1. In a large soup pot, over medium heat, add olive oil and the carrots, onion, and celery. Fry together until they start to get soft.
2. Add the stewing beef and fry until about 75% cooked through.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to a light simmer for about 30-40 minutes.
4. In the remaining 10-15 minutes add the quick barley. Make sure it is quick barley as pot barley will need to be soaked and then boiled for 40+ minutes.
5. Serve with delicious cheese biscuits if you are human.