Protein Pumped Hamburger Soup
So high in protein!
Makes 6-8 Servings:
- 700 grams Extra Lean Ground Beef (about two small individual packages)
- 1 Red Onion, chopped
- 3 Bulk Carrots, chopped
- 2 Stalks Celery, chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 c. Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 c. Yellow & Green Beans, from frozen
- 2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 796 ml Canned Diced Tomatoes, with liquid
- 156 ml Tomato Paste
- 700 ml Beef Bone Broth
- 250 ml Water
- 2-3 Bay Leaves (depending on size)
- 2 Tbsp Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Thyme
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 1/2- 1 Tbsp Sugar (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Small Package of Lentil Flour Pasta (we used green lentil flour)
1. In a large or extra large soup pot, over medium heat, fry the ground beef until just browned. Transfer ground beef to a bowl temporarily.
2. Add the carrots, celery, and red onion to the pot and cook for 4-5 minutes, until just starting to soften. Add in the garlic and cook for about another minute. Don't burn the garlic.
3. Add the ground beef along with the remaining ingredients into the pot. Stir well.
4. Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce to a light simmer for around 45 minutes. In the last 7-8 minutes add the lentil flour pasta and cook to el dente (assuming you are going to save for meal prep.
5. Taste test and salt/pepper as needed. Remove the bay leaves before serving.
Get that bread.