Rich's Kimchi Rice
Makes 6 Servings
- 20 oz. (1 medium/large or 2 small) Pork Tenderloin, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp each: onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- ⅛ tsp Cayenne
- 1.5 c. Raw Basmati Rice
- 2 Large Carrots, chopped
- ½ Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 Celery Sticks, chopped
- 1 c. Frozen Corn
- 1 c. Frozen Peas
- 1-2 c. Kimchi, chopped if very large pieces
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- Sesame Seeds
1. Cook the Basmati rice according to package direction.
2. In a large frying pan or Wok, over medium heat, add 1-2 Tbsp Oil and add the carrots, onions, and celery. Cook until they start to become tender.
3. Add the pork tenderloin pieces and cook until internal temp reaches 155 degrees F. Add the seasoning to the pork and veggies.
4. Add the frozen corn and peas and cook for only a few minutes until they are warmed.
5. Add the rice, Kimchi, and sesame oil. Fry together for an additional 5-6 minutes.
6. While rice and Kimchi are frying in pan, heat a separate pan over medium heat and add a bit of sesame oil. Fry egg until cooked.
7. Plate the Kimchi Fried Rice, add the egg on top, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Information for 1 Serving (1 of 6):
Fat: 15 g
Carbs: 48 g
Fibre: 4 g
Protein: 31 g