Swole & Mexi Bowl
Updated: Aug 6, 2019
This is the perfect fall dish that is meal prep friendly! This is one of my favourite meal prep recipes so far.
-1-2 lbs (1 package) extra lean ground beef
-1 medium/large butternut squash, cubed
-2-3 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
-1/2 large red onion, sliced
-1 small can kerel corn
-1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
-1 lime, zested and juiced after
-cilantro, chopped extremely fine
-1 package cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
-Whole grain brown rice
Swole & Mexi Seasoning:
-1 1/2 tsp chili powder
-1/4 tsp each of: cumin, paprika, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and coriander
1. Set oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place cubed sweet potatoes and butternut squash on separate baking sheets. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place in oven for ~20 minutes before adding in a separate sheet containing the canned corn and sliced onions. After adding the corn and onions, let them all bake in the oven for ~15-20 more minutes.
3. Start rice on the oven before starting the beef. Follow package directions
4. In a large frying pan over medium heat, fry the ground beef until almost cooked through. Once nearly finished add in all of the Swole & Mexi seasoning.
5. Plate with rice, beef, sweet potatoes, squash, corn, onion, and sliced cherry tomatoes.
6. In a bowl mix together the Greek yogurt, lime zest, finely chopped cilantro and juice of one lime. Transfer to a squeezable container and drizzle over entire bowl.