Thanksgivin' Stuffed Acorn Squash
Wow, this one is amazing. Recipe courtesy of Donna Hansen, one of our Herd Nutrition recipe guru's.
- 2 Acorn Squash
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Sage (leaves only)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Apples, peeled and chopped
- 3-4 c. Spinach, chopped
- Parmesan Cheese
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Sage
- Pinch of cloves
- 1/4 tsp Majoram
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
-1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut acorn squash in half and remove seeds. Rub with olive oil and bake cut side down for 40 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine sausage ingredients. Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in pan. Add sausage and cook. Add fresh herbs (Rosemary & Sage). Remove from pan when cooked.
3. In the same pan, saute onion. Cook a few minutes and then add apples. Saute until apple is caramelized. Remove from heat and add to sausage. Stir spinach in.
4. Stuff the cooked squash with the sausage mixture.
5. Top with Parmesan cheese and bake for 10 minutes.