The Herd Nutrition Salad
This salad + rice bowl is amazing. One of my favourites so far. Use rotisserie chicken if you don't have any left over chicken!
Recipe serves 2
- 4 Handfuls Spring Mix
- 1.5 c. Cooked Rice
- 1 c. Cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 6 oz. Cooked Chicken Breast, cubed
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs, sliced (we bought already made HBE's)
- 2-3 Tbsp Dried Cranberries
- 2-3 Tbsp Pecan Pieces
- Poppy Seed Dressing (can find many options in the produce aisle of any grocery store).
For homemade poppy seed dressing:
- 2 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 2 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp White Sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Mustard Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
1. Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl.
2. Make poppy seed dressing or use store bought, add to salad and mix well.